I'm a published photographer.
Six weeks of taking pictures, thousands of miles later, hours of editing and I'm a published photographer. Out running forest fires, barely missing deer at night and the occasional fallen tree blocking all exits only made the experience more memorable. Thank you to my friend Barbara Keck who invited me along on her quest to write the ultimate guide to the people and the wineries of the Sierra Foothills. This book consists of personal stories, family recipes and a complete directory of the 10 counties of the California Sierra Foothills.
Yes, I did build the website. Check it out and buy the book at Wineries Of The Sierra Foothills.
Teaching Introduction to Web Development at LaGuardia Community College
Shopify is the solution recommended by my friends at Baron Fig when I was researching an ecommerce solution for Wineries of the Sierra Foothills. It's a hosted solution that gives you extraordinary control over the both the look and functionality of your site. With their templating language, you have complete control over the design of the site. Their API and webhooks allow you integrate with a variety of third-party services and let you build your own. You get all the benefits of a hosted solution plus the control of having your own hosted site. Check out my demo shop in progress using Bootstrap as the base.
- Web Development
- Puppy nanny
- Over 7 years of web application development experience.
- Ecommerce development on a multi-million dollar website.
- Network and server administration experience.
- Comfortable with front-end and back-end development.
- Zend Framework Certified.
- Java SE 7 Programmer Certification.
- Server Administration
- Linux, Mac OS X, Windows
- Database Engines
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB
- Web Toolsets
- jQuery, Symfony, CakePHP, Zend Framework , Drupal, CodeIgniter
- Development Tools
- Eclipse, Netbeans, BBedit, Ant, XDebug, Doxygen, Subversion, Git
- PHPUnit, Selenium, Jenkins
Web Instructor, Laguardia Community College
Developed a curriculum which gives students an introduction of web development principles and teaches them basic HTML, CSS, along with commonly used frameworks and design principles.
- Setup Moodle as an online learning repository
- Schedule industry people to come and talk to students about opportunities and challenges in web development
- Help students with personal projects
Senior Web Developer, Experian
Developed and maintained custom email marketing solution front-end that was integrated into main Cheetahmail platform. API support for Amazon web services including S3, CDN services. Additional work included working with Adobe Omniture APIs.
- Setup Gerrit for code review with remote team.
- Provided basic API layer to integrate 3rd parties into main email system.
- Worked with Google on email with Adwords integration.
- Worked with 3rd party vendor on an extensive security review and fixes to system.
Web Application Developer, CNBC
Convert Microsoft provided content management solution to PHP based solution. Worked on architecture and implementation of content management solution and public website. Combination of Drupal and Zend Framework libraries. Used Smarty for public website templates. Implemented Gearmand for API based backend for processing background jobs.
Web Application Developer, Rent The Runway
Drupal based ecommerce site. Modules written include customized CDN module using ImageCache, Authorize.net checkout module using their credit card storage service and a custom product reviews module. Also used Drupal services to provide backend support for an iPhone app. Implemented version control and basic unit testing. Integrated Facebook into the site using the PHP client. Used Bronto for our email communications through Drupal. Built API integration with Authorize.net for credit card processing and secure credit card storage.
- Custom review system for users to rate the dresses they have rented.
- Implemented Subversion for version control and managed roll-outs.
- Created a BIRT server for sales reporting.
- Implemented functional testing using PHPUnit, Selenium and Hudson.
- Initiated Symfony project for testing converting site to MVC.
Web Developer, NightAgency
Build interactive sites for a variety of clients including Hanes, Soft Scrub and Purex. Majority of development is done using PHP. Frameworks included CakePHP and Zend Framework. Work with online services such as Amazon S3 for storage. Rapid development environment for clients with strict deadlines for product launches.
Built a localized web site with both French and English versions for the Canadian site using a single code base. Used AMF to communicate between Flash client and back-end server. Amazon S3 used for image storage. Integrated Disney custom swear filter using SOAP to filter submissions.